About Me

My photo
Cochin, Kerala, India
send in your feedback to - rajit.rangan@gmail.com

Saturday, June 18, 2011

long time no see....

No matter how hard I try, I begin most new posts in the blog indicating how long its been since I last wrote. The gap between each new blog-post has only drastically increased. Now that I reflect back, at least a fraction of  those idle hours spent gazing on facebook (mine and others) could have been utilized here.

The last three months were pretty eventful. Team India became Champions of the cricketing world, I flunked all three of the remaining exams I had to complete my graduation. I miraculously found out that I had indeed cleared  one of those three papers long time ago and was still writing that for god knows what joy. Our family moved to our new house which took 13 years in the making. I wrote the remaining two papers during this exam season, positively my last attempt, I sure do hope so.

This is the materialistic part of me. The intellectual part was still discovering and rediscovering the frailties and minute intricacies of life, relationships and existence. Started reading "My Name is Red" by Orhan Pamuk. Bought a copy of  "The Autobiography of a Yogi" by Paramahansa Yogananda. Haven't taken it out of the cover though, waiting to finish reading Orhan Pamuk first. The emotional part was making new friends, painfully breaking off with one, introspecting, discovering new emotions, experiencing mood swings a lot - right from depression and anxiety to maybe even inner peace.

The creative part of the brain was at work though during my absence from the blog. There was this story than had come to mind years ago. Well all I can say now is that it started to take some sort of shape than existing as a formless thought. The thought was like water vapour, it has now maybe condensed and become droplets of water. The wonderful part here is that no matter what container I collect the water in, it takes the shape of that container. What I have attempted to elaborate using Chemistry is that the story has taken form, now I can mould that story this way or that.

As you already know my dear reader, These are simple thoughts of a normal 24 year old, soon to be 25. I must admit that the dominance of the male hormone - testosterone, would undoubtedly show in the thought process as well. Rather than fight it, I've let it take its own course. I guess that will help me come to terms with it.

And speaking of the male hormone reminded me - today is Father's Day. That which is a mere "thanks" becomes "gratitude" when it means a lot to you. That wrapped in a whole lot of love is what I have for my Dad. If you are already a Dad, try to make sure that you are worthy of it. So my friends, for all the Dads, soon to be Dads, and even father figures amongst you - Happy Fathers Day.

P.S : Have I mention that there is this cute little girl I know who has ironically adopted ME as her Dad? Well on that note, I guess this day  is special for me too. Until next time, which I have no clue when... Cheers..!!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment