About Me

My photo
Cochin, Kerala, India
send in your feedback to - rajit.rangan@gmail.com

Saturday, February 12, 2011

suggestions and action.

Why do I start most of my posts on this blog as " its been a long time since i last wrote" ? I had an excuse of not being regularly connected on the internet so far. But the whole of last week I was home and had unlimited access to the internet. I was found with the green light lit on most social networking sites - all the time. Downloaded at least a dozen movies and watched them all. Chatted at length with many friends online and even browsed online to find out what the Egyptian protests were all about. I used to bring up my blog everyday and look at it. I mean, simply stare at it. No new followers, no new comments, and who am I kidding, not even a new post by me. Am I losing interest in this as well. The Blog world, that I seriously thought could bring me back from the abyss, has it become yet another futile attempt?

I must admit, I was lost as to what I should write about. A friend who calls in and says her comments to the face than write them here suggested that I write about something a little bit more substantial than MY thoughts or MY state of mind. Hello - did you forget the heading of this blog , it is THE SEEKER'S THOUGHTS, and I thought it was obvious that I am the seeker mentioned. Ah well, I guess what she meant was it should be "the seekers thoughts - on various subjects" than "the seekers thoughts - about himself ". I think thats what needs to change. Another friend - a science whizkid this time, said I needed to add a theme to what I write about. I have no clue about that. Suggestion accepted, but still contemplating about it. Now yet another friend, this time a fellow blogger, posts his own poetic brilliance right next to mine. If I wrote 10 lines and was modest about it, he posted about 42 lines of rhyme and mentioned he could keep it coming. Now he did this as a grand scheme of events leading to the "super blog" which could be titled "Me and my super friends". A common platform for our unique pool of friends to spar with each other thereby leading to creative excellence. He even added my poem and his comments on his blog. Now though it sounds like "My horse is bigger than yours" I know him well enough to understand that his intentions were genuine. And with someone who insists that you bring out the best in you, it is definitely for the greater good I suppose.

The whole of last week and more, I was down with sickness. Maybe these are reflections or rather delusions of the insane mind and unwell body. But I am recovering now. Have to pull myself back together and bounce back. I must promise you my reader, that I will be more responsible to my blog from now. With the support and love I get from my friends and well wishers, it is high time I got my act straight. Now this again would be in the category of the seekers thought about himself but hopefully that will change soon. Keep your spirits high my friends, there are miles to go before I sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment