Perceptions break when you least expect it. I thought I would write more often from cochin. Guess that was yet another soap bubble amongst other perceptions. I have thought on many days here that I should write something but never found the drive to do so. Today however, I had to write. A small incident reminded me how trivial my perceptions and calculations are.
I work in a shift which stretches from 6.30 PM to 4.30 AM. After logging out from work I stayed back to meet some friends. The city was yet to wake up, buses had not yet started their routine trips. I was on my bike, my unicorn [lovingly called unnikuttan] hence I could take my time to decide when I went home. As I stood there chatting with a few colleagues, a few guys asked me for a lift if I was going their way. I turned them down as I was not sure when I would leave.
And eventually I did leave alone. But on my way to my room, as I reached the highway, I saw a mother and daughter at the bus stop who waved out to me. I thought that they either wanted directions or maybe they were in need of some serious help. You rarely see anybody anywhere at that time of the day and so I stopped. They came up to me and asked if I could drop them at the next major junction, which wasn't that far away. They were running late for the train and hadn't got a bus to get to the train station yet. I was actually going the opposite way and had gone that way only to take a U turn. Well I agreed, both of them boarded my bike and I dropped them off at the required place.
There is nothing out of the ordinary in this. But this is the first incident in my life when I found women hitchhiking rides from total strangers. I dont know how many of you will agree with me but I thought girls or women in kerala reserve to mediocrity to an extend when it comes to strangers or hitchhiking rides. And that too at a time of the day where the streets are more or less deserted. I guess they urgently had to catch that train. It felt good though, helping them out. Or I dont know if its just the happiness of another perception being burst. Though its not much, I learned today that women can hitchhike, even in kerala. Another chapter in my "discovery of the feminine". I salute you, oh sacred feminine. How complex you are...
There comes instances ever so often in our day to day life where we find how trivial this existence is. The tsunami attack on Japan is sad. Thousands killed in a matter of minutes. The matters we ponder over for months and years, relationships, finances,career,recognition... do we even know that this struggle is for something so trivial? And our perceptions of things and matters make it all so more complicated. Even ego is the perception of one's self. So my friends, keep an open mind, assume nothing and always remember that change is inevitable.Nothing stays on forever, not even you.
I work in a shift which stretches from 6.30 PM to 4.30 AM. After logging out from work I stayed back to meet some friends. The city was yet to wake up, buses had not yet started their routine trips. I was on my bike, my unicorn [lovingly called unnikuttan] hence I could take my time to decide when I went home. As I stood there chatting with a few colleagues, a few guys asked me for a lift if I was going their way. I turned them down as I was not sure when I would leave.
And eventually I did leave alone. But on my way to my room, as I reached the highway, I saw a mother and daughter at the bus stop who waved out to me. I thought that they either wanted directions or maybe they were in need of some serious help. You rarely see anybody anywhere at that time of the day and so I stopped. They came up to me and asked if I could drop them at the next major junction, which wasn't that far away. They were running late for the train and hadn't got a bus to get to the train station yet. I was actually going the opposite way and had gone that way only to take a U turn. Well I agreed, both of them boarded my bike and I dropped them off at the required place.
There is nothing out of the ordinary in this. But this is the first incident in my life when I found women hitchhiking rides from total strangers. I dont know how many of you will agree with me but I thought girls or women in kerala reserve to mediocrity to an extend when it comes to strangers or hitchhiking rides. And that too at a time of the day where the streets are more or less deserted. I guess they urgently had to catch that train. It felt good though, helping them out. Or I dont know if its just the happiness of another perception being burst. Though its not much, I learned today that women can hitchhike, even in kerala. Another chapter in my "discovery of the feminine". I salute you, oh sacred feminine. How complex you are...
There comes instances ever so often in our day to day life where we find how trivial this existence is. The tsunami attack on Japan is sad. Thousands killed in a matter of minutes. The matters we ponder over for months and years, relationships, finances,career,recognition... do we even know that this struggle is for something so trivial? And our perceptions of things and matters make it all so more complicated. Even ego is the perception of one's self. So my friends, keep an open mind, assume nothing and always remember that change is inevitable.Nothing stays on forever, not even you.
No comments:
Post a Comment